Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: JU Slideshow for videos

JU Slideshow for videos 3 years 10 months ago #1450

• Otaktay
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
I'm thinking of buying the JU Slideshow extension but I have a couple questions before to see if it will meet my needs.

• First, it says that it can support Youtube videos... I would like to do a video gallery so, is it possible to do a slideshow that displays exactly like an image slideshow (multiple slides) but instead of images, it would be Youtube videos?
  • And my second question is, if it's possible to do this, are there tutorials and/or detailed documentation that comes with the package to learn how to achieve this?
Hope my questions are clear enough... let me know if more precisions needed.
Thank you in advanced for your help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

JU Slideshow for videos 3 years 10 months ago #1451

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 178
Hi,
1. JU Slideshow supports to parse video in its description, so you can display multi videos in multi slides, but only slide has image effects, video effect will just like text/description effects(Fade, Slide).
2. Now we have no detailed document for this module, but it's straight forward to use, every option has tooltip explain what it is, and the config is clean, easy to use, just select options, drag/drop to sort,... if you need any help, you can search in the forum or post your questions here.

JU Slideshow for videos 3 years 10 months ago #1452

• Otaktay
  • Fresh Boarder
OK thanks for your answer.
The thing though for the youtube videos is I tried your demo (self config) and in the content source option, I didn't see an option to add the video links... just stuff like "image folder", "Articles", K2 categories", and so on.

Could you please give me just an example here on how I could setup for example a 3 slides slideshow with a video on each?
Just explain to me the options setup and I will go visualize it on your demo. And if I like the way it works, I will purchase it on the spot and also might purchase your JU Content Slider extension to.

Thanks for your help. :)

JU Slideshow for videos 3 years 10 months ago #1453

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 178
Ok, let's go to self config demo:
1. Choose Layout theme: Modal
2. Select Content source: Image folder
3. Click on image name, in the descripton box put the code like this:
{youtube width="400" height="300"}XN6PIZJVf7w{/youtube}
4. Click [Apply] to see.

JU Slideshow for videos 3 years 10 months ago #1455

• Otaktay
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the example admin...
We're almost there but I think I may have explain myself wrong. The example you just showed me builds an image slideshow with a video overlay. I've tried resizing the slideshow to match the video size but it shrinks the video and the video controls, and has a padding all around it that shows the image under. See screenshot bellow...

What I meant was an example where you setup JU Slideshow to display videos (full gallery size... no inner padding) instead of images. Basicaly, a video gallery, not an image gallery with video on top. See Photoshoped example image bellow:

If your able to give me an example on the config demo to achieve this, I'm heading to the shopping cart! :lol:
Thanks!

JU Slideshow for videos 3 years 10 months ago #1457

• Otaktay
  • Fresh Boarder
OK, never mind, I found How to achieve it using Firefox's Firebug...

CSS to remove padding around the video is:
.ju-slideshow .ju-slide-desc {
       padding: 0 !important;
}

That does the trick... could be added to your website's custom.css file so it doesn't get deleted on a JU Slideshow update.

Just a thing though, this class affects all slideshows... is there a way to apply it just to a particular slideshow? What I mean is if I use JU Slideshow for a video gallery and also for a photo gallery, I wouldn't want the padding to be off on the photo gallery.
Would it be done by adding a Module class suffix? Or adding the module's ID to the CSS class line? How would you write it down?

On my way to the shopping cart soon! :lol: :silly: :lol:
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Otaktay.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds