Forums

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: JU Form Capability Question

JU Form Capability Question 1 year 11 months ago #3617

• bhowell
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello. I am looking for a form submission system for my site and I think JU Form may fit the bill but I have a question about it's capabilities before I decide to purchase it or not. It may be easier for me to describe what I am needing it to do so that you get an idea of what I am needing rather than asking a specific question and then you assuming I'll be using it in a specific way.

What I am needing is a custom form where the following sequence of events can occur:

1: someone can enter their information (name, email, ect)

2: type a request

3: click a "submit" or "send" button or what ever I choose to name the button

4: have an email sent to the administrator that a request has been submitted for approval prior to being published

5: Once the administrator has approved the request, the request and associated information is published on a page of my choosing, similar in appearance to a "comment page" or a "customer testimonial" page, where the requests are listed in ascending or descending order by date received. Simultaneously the below needs to happen as well.

6: This is the key need: After the administrators approval of the request, the request also needs to be be emailed out to a list of email addresses entered by the administrator on the back end, only if the form submitter requests (by checking a check box on the form page) that the request be emailed to the predefined list created by the administrator.

I believe from reading your product page that the first half of my request can probably be accomplished by your plugin, my main concern/question is if your software can accomplish the last two items (5,6) in my scenario? I hope so.

Thanks.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by bhowell.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

JU Form Capability Question 1 year 11 months ago #3619

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 178
Hi,
4. You need to write php custom code in the form to do this, this would be quite easy.
5. We have no page like this, all submissions listed on backend only.
6. You need to write php custom code in the form to do this, this would be quite easy.

JU Form Capability Question 1 year 11 months ago #3621

• bhowell
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your reply.

This may not fit my needs then, unfortunately. I don't do web design for a living or anything so I have no idea how to write custom PHP code.

#6 I thought wold be the hard part but it seems #5 appears to be the hard part for your software. It seems I am out of luck with this then.

I'll continue looking elsewhere. Thanks for your time.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds